Saturday, December 2, 2006

雪が大好きです!

It's like a dream comes true .....!!

I never thot that I can actually see snow falling from the sky durng my trip to Hokkaido. The weather forecast predicted that they expected snow in Sapporo, our tour guide says no guarantee and it all depends on our luck! I was praying hard.

While everyone was taking a break after lunch, one of our tour co-travellers came running in shouting for her son : "Gerald.... come quick, it's snowing!" I turned, grabbed my camera and ran out. There were "Woo...", "Wow...", "Omigosh...", laughing and giggling of excitement. The Japanese must be thinking ... "this group of Singaporeans are like ALIENS".





It lasted for 2 short minutes. Disappointed, we left the restaurant for our next destination. The famous white chocolate factory in Hokkaido - Ishiya Chocolate Factory, well-known for their white chocolate biscuit - 白い恋人(Shiroi Koibito) which means White Beloved Ones a.k.a. 白色恋人. The whole place was like fairytale...!!

Then .... the snow came pouring down without any signal. ヤッタ、 雪が降った!!The entire garden was covered with snow and simply snow. \\ ( ^ O ^ ) //

It all started like tat. The next thing I realised was ... the snow's not going to stop. It continue to fall throughout the day and into the late nite. I had my first experience of white christmas in Hokkaido. 北海道、最高!

2 comments:

Obachan said...

Wow... it's so romantic.. I hope i able to go there with my " Bai Yi Lian Ren " ..HAHAH..

Alex said...

How a beautifull place! I like it.